It’s not new to come to terms that most youth across Africa have
imbibe western culture which cuts across fashion, culture, food and even
language with slangs inclusive. One of such slangs as commonly used by some ladies to address themselves in various social medium is the word “BITCH”.
To some friends, it means a girl who speaks her mind, other one word
people attach to it are words like, snappy, harsh, mean, honesty, tough, brat, overbearing,
mean etc. When you call a girl by the phrase BITCH they tend to frown at it and
pick offence if you are a guy, the same word if used by a girl to address another
girl is probably good as they see it as less offensive. However, if guys
rephrase the word adding “bad” it tends to come as less offensive to the girl
involved. For example “girl, you are a bad Bitch’’ by adding “bad” instantly,
that is seen as a complement
Before I explain the phrase in details let me fill you all in
with a true life event of my Cousin “Ozed aka Don Fabian” as popularly called. I
most add, this is not to spite anyone but to advice others who like calling
themselves Bitches on various social medium, as they don’t actually make for
swag or high rep.
Don: Hello cutie, it’s me Fabian..
Babe: wow!!! What a coincidence, what are you doing here?
Don: (with a smile on my face) same reason you are here. Bank
transactions.
So hey dog, how have you been though? I do see most of your Face
book updates.
Babe: I beg your pardon; did you just call me a dog?
Don: Yea, I did (with a surprise on my face) are you pissed?
Babe: (looking pissed) is this a joke, because if it’s not this
is not funny and if not my respect for you, I would have insulted you and I won't
care if we are in the bank or not.
Don: O my bad, I do see you post a lot and most of the time you
call yourself a bitch, so I assumed you knew what bitch meant.
Well I'm sorry I should have just said bitch, my bad.
Some of you would know Ashawo or olosho as the case may be
insult themselves calling each other Ashawo.Now a “Bitch” simply means a female Dog and it is a term which is
normally used to call prostitutes and strippers
in USA or Europe. Well, we all know what it means to be labeled a dog in
Africa.
Now there are some African girls fond of calling themselves
bitches all in the name of forming "whatsup girls" according to the Nigerian Hip Language or slangs, that to some is seen as following
trend and the likes not realizing the repercussions are quite
devastating. You attract the wrong men, wrong friends and no matter how
classy you may look, you begin to gradually loose esteem and self confidence.
Respect yourself and
everyone will treat you in that accord. You are not a BITCH, you are a QUEEN.
Stop importing all the crap from the western world. We got traditions and we
got culture, norms and values that can't be measured against anything out there,
Export ours.


No comments:
Post a Comment